Professor Joe Howe
Joe has received numerous research contracts from Government Departments, RCUK and the EU and has published in excess of 100 peer reviewed articles. He is currently an investigator on two Innovate UK projects concerned with Carbon Capture and Storage and Nuclear Decommissioning respectively.
Externally Joe holds a number of roles including:
• Academic Associate of the National Nuclear Laboratory;
• Non-Executive Board Member and Trustee, Engineering and Construction Industries Training Board
• Visiting Professor at Harbin Institute of Technology;
• Board member of the Cheshire Energy Hub;
• Steering Committee member of the Decarbonised Gas Alliance;
• Member of the NW Regional Manufacturers Association;
• Member of BEISNW Unconventional Oil and Gas Working Group;
• Member of Engineering and Construction Industries Training Board Task Force on Future skills and technologies.
• Chair of the NW Hydrogen Hub.